Luer Testing Services
Complete range of tests in accordance with ISO 80369-7
ISO 80369-7 is the primary guidance standard for small-bore connectors for liquids and gases in healthcare applications. It supersedes ISO 594-1 and ISO 594-2.
Luer testing capabilities from STERIS include:
- Dimensional analysis
- Performance tests (ISO 80369-20):
- Fluid leakage by pressure decay (Annex B)
- Falling drop positive pressure liquid leakage (Annex C)
- Sub-atmospheric pressure air leakage test (Annex D)
- Stress cracking (Annex E)
- Resistance to separation from axial load (Annex F)
- Resistance to separation from unscrewing (Annex G)
- Resistance to overriding (Annex H)
STERIS is fully accredited to conduct the performance tests above in accordance with ISO 17025.
STERIS also offers support, including:
- Protocol development
- Early-stage design support
- CAD compliance
- Material assessment
Contact our team of experts to find out more about our Global Contract Sterilization, Testing and Validation Services.