Radiation Technology Centers
The Radiation Technology Centers (RTC) are dedicated to providing high precision irradiation dose delivery for validation, dose audit, and research purposes. These specialzed testing facilities support Customers utilizing gamma, electron beam, and X-ray technologies.
From dose establishment validation, dose audit support, and maximal acceptable dose validation to specialized testing projects, our Radiation TechTeam® professionals support our RTC facilities and are committed to being a vital part of your irradiation process.
Our Radiation Technology Centers are located throughout Europe, United Kingdom, and United States, all designed to meet the needs of our radiation processing Customers on both a global and local level. Locations include:
- Bradford, UK: Gamma
- Däniken, Switzerland: X-ray
- Libertyville, Illinois, USA: Electron Beam, Gamma, X-ray
- Marcoule, France: Gamma
- Radeberg, Germany: Gamma and Electron Beam
- Tullamore, Ireland: Electron Beam
Radiation Technology Center Capabilities
The Radiation Technology Centers provide several benefits to our Customers, including:
- Precise dose delivery according to ISO 11137 requirements (sterilization and maximal acceptable dose qualification)
- Dedicated facility with radiation capacity and technical expertise
- Project consultation, advice, and support from our Radiation TechTeam® professionals
- Flexible turn-times, from routine to priority processing
- Configurable process parameter-setting for specific requirements
- Ability to handle specialty projects, from small-volume processing to dose mapping of tight doses, low verification doses, and frozen product
- Processing of samples for materials studies to determine functionality and compatibility of selected components
- Product orientation and dose delivery optimization
- Product validation/assessment services
- Dose establishment
- Dose verification
- Product feasibility assessment (feasibility to radiation processing)
- Seamless technology transfer of validation and dose audit work into our larger commercial radiation processing locations
STERIS Testing and Validation Services
We also offer microbiological testing services to support the radiation sterilization validation process, in accordance with ISO 11137-1 and 2, and testing for assessment of impact on maximum dose to product and packaging integrity. Our TechTeam members coordinate with our global laboratory testing team, providing Customers with a seamless turnkey validation process.
Learn more about our microbiological, analytical, and product and packaging testing services.
Visit our Radiation TechTeam page to learn more about our technical support capabilities to guide you through sterilization validation including full turnkey validation project management, dose audit verification, dose mapping studies, maximal dose validation or specialized projects.
Radiation Technology Center Resources
- Access our online Radiation Request Form for processing product
- Visit our TechTips library to learn more about specific topics relating to radiation processing
- Visit our YouTube channel to view recorded webinars