Processing via irradiation is a complex technique requiring extensive knowledge of radiation physics, microbial inactivation, polymer selection, and process controls, with applications that include medical device sterilization, bioburden reduction of cosmetics and packaging, and polymer modification.
The Radiation TechTeam’s group of skilled technical staff is ready to guide our Customers through the irradiation process. From dose establishment validation, dose audit support, and dose mapping studies to specialized testing projects, our Radiation TechTeam professionals are committed to being a vital part of your irradiation process and are completely dedicated to processing Customer samples, handling special projects, and processing under specific conditions with superior flexibility.
Radiation TechTeam Services
Our team offers a variety of services, including:
- Irradiation and project guidance for dose qualifications, verifications, and audits
- Irradiation for material compatibility and maximum acceptable dose evaluations
- Dose mapping of special requirements: Cold/frozen products; extremely dense products; tissue-based products; electronic-based products
- Coordination of materials and packaging for irradiation testing at our dedicated Radiation Technology Centre (RTC)
- Project coordination through all stages of the sterilization design process
- Support during transfer process of product from one modality to another
- Technical education
START (Sterilization and Radiation Technology) Program
A technical resources program committed to Customer satisfaction that includes:
- ANSI/AAMI/ISO validation support: Dose establishment validation protocols, full turnkey validation programs and technical support
- Customer-designed studies performed at our dedicated RTC: Research, material testing, product feasibility testing and more
- Protocol generation
- Total project management with a TechTeam Project Manager dedicated to your unique project
- Expedited processing
- Technical support
- Certificates of processing for product information and minimum/maximum absorbed dose
Radiation Support Services
In addition to our Radiation TechTeam and radiation support services provided at the RTC, STERIS AST provides our Customers with laboratory testing including sterilization validation and microbial, material, and packaging testing services at every stage of the sterilization design process, from product validation development through routine processing.
We offer a variety of radiation solutions such as E-beam, gamma, and X-ray to fit unique product requirements. View our technology comparison to understand the technology variables and their effects on different materials.