Consumer Product Restoration and Salvage
STERIS Applied Sterilization Technologies (AST) offers the most comprehensive array of contract bioburden control options. Our gamma irradiation, ethylene oxide and heat services provide safe, reliable methods for a variety of applications.
Consumer Products Processing Applications
When consumer products are exposed to molds, bacteria, and insects (due to natural disasters, human interaction and products being left in storage for a number of years) a variety of problems can occur. STERIS AST has worked with a variety of organizations involved in the restoration and salvage markets, treating products such as:
- Cleaning solutions, detergents, soaps, wipes, novelties, and waxes
- Cloth garments, drapes, and bags
- Books and legal documents
- A variety of retail products
How Does It Work?
We work closely with our restoration and salvage Customers to create custom solutions to answer their specific needs. This can involve having discussions on suitable dose ranges to remove contamination or even sample testing to find out the best processes that are needed for an effective result. We aim to provide solutions that result in minimal effect the product, provide the most efficient and safest outcomes, and answer all of your needs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Why Treat Documents?
Untreated documents that have been affected by bacteria, mold, and spores can result in problems in both for the short and long-term. This can result in:
- Cross-contamination of other stored articles
- Continued progression of contamination to point of disposal
- Total loss of items through non-treatment, or insufficient treatment methods
STERIS AST has worked with an assortment of organizations involved in document restoration, helping with:
- Decontamination of books and legal documents
- Cleaning contaminated documents for the relocation of document libraries
- Preserving local history in record offices by preventing spoilage of historic documents
- Stopping the contamination of vital research documents in libraries
- Restoring critical commercial documentation for businesses that were affected by floods
STERIS AST operates under a quality system that is in compliance with 21 CFR Part 820 and applicable sections of 21 CFR Part 211. In addition, STERIS AST is registered to the ISO 13485 Quality Standards, and adheres to the requirements of ISO 11137 (Radiation) and ISO 11135 (EO).