ISTA 6-Amazon.com SIOC Testing Services
Testing for Amazon packaging certification
ISTA 6-Amazon.com Ships in Own Container (SIOC) is a test procedure within the ISTA 6 series that involves a transportation simulation cycle tailored for the Amazon distribution environment. The procedure was developed by the global online retailer as part of its packaging certification program required for all Amazon vendors. Testing to 6-Amazon.com SIOC means a packaging system has demonstrated it can withstand the rigors of shipping through Amazon.
ISTA 6-Amazon Over Boxing is a similar test procedure developed in tandem with SIOC and applies to product packages which must be over boxed into an Amazon shipping container.
STERIS is certified to test in accordance with both ISTA 6-Amazon.com standards and issue the Amazon template report. In addition, STERIS has been trained by Amazon and is part of the Amazon Packaging Support and Supplier Network (APASS).
Amazon packaging levels:
Benefits of testing in accordance with ISTA 6-Amazon.com SIOC:
- Allows for product distribution through Amazon.com
- Additional testing and certification guidance from an ISTA-certified laboratory
- Assurance of the protective capability of the product’s packaging system
- Results delivered via Amazon report template
ISTA 6-Amazon.com SIOC tests include:
- Atmospheric conditioning (optional)
- Shock / mechanical drop / bridge impact / concentrated impact
- Integrity / leak test (liquids only)
We also offer guidance and support, including:
- Packaging evaluations and concept reviews
- Determining your packaged-product test type
- Reducing your number of required tested products through form-factor certification
- Failure analysis