Our Northborough, Massachusetts, USA site has the following characteristics:
|Carrier Type:||Batch Irradiator|
|Carrier Dimensions:||Batch Irradiators: 635 x 940 x 2134 (mm) | 25 x 37 x 84 (in)|
|Notes||Actual dimensions are provided. Usable dimensions may vary depending on product, packaging and/or dose range.|
|Number of Chambers:||4 Chambers|
|Pallet Dimensions:||2642 x 1016 x 1219 (mm) 48 x 40 x 104 (in)|
|Chamber Sizes:||13 pallets|
Batch Gamma Irradiation Process Components
- Uses Cobalt-60 in a Dwell Type, 9 carrier batch irradiator (for unique or low-volume applications).
- Moves product through the gamma irradiation process using a monorail system and an automatic conveyor system.
- Quick turn time within 8 hours door to ship.
- Barriers prevent mixing of processed and unprocessed products.
Ethylene Oxide (EO) Sterilization Process Components:
- Uses 100% EO, a fully automated conveyor system, and a highly flexible computerized vessel control system.
- 60,000 cfm PCR recirculation system ensures highly efficient temperature and RH distribution.
- Full height chambers eliminate the need to re-stack products between trailer and vessel.
- Full load temperature and RH monitoring is available.
- Facility meets all Clean Air Requirements, including Ethylene Oxide Standards for Sterilization Facilities (CFR-40, part 63, Sub-part O).
- Preconditioning rooms and Degas/Aeration Cells are individually controlled.
- Facility offers biological indicators and storage services.
- STERIS AST operates under a quality system that is in compliance with 21 CFR Part 820 and applicable sections of 21 CFR Part 211. In addition, STERIS AST is registered to the ISO 13485:2003 Quality Standard, and adheres to the requirements of ISO 11137-1:2006 (Gamma) and ISO 11135-1:2007 (EO).
STERIS AST Northborough, MA ISO Certificate FDA Device Registration Number: 1220477 PAL Registration Number: BG30400133 44 [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]