Our Vega Alta, Puerto Rico, USA site has the following characteristics:
|Carrier Type:||Continuous Irradiator|
|Carrier Dimensions:||635 x 940 x 3048 (mm) 25 x 37 x 120 (in)|
|Notes:||Actual dimensions are provided. Usable dimensions may vary depending on product, packaging and/or dose range.|
Continuous Gamma Irradiation Process Components:
- Uses a Cobalt-60 continuous irradiator with a source overlap configuration (four pass for high-volume applications).
- Moves product through the gamma irradiation process using a monorail system and an automatic conveyor system.
- Uses hydraulic elevators to facilitate product loading and unloading.
- Employs barriers to prevent contamination and mixing of processed and unprocessed products.
- STERIS AST operates under a quality system that is in compliance with 21 CFR Part 820 and applicable sections of 21 CFR Part 211. In addition, STERIS AST is registered to the ISO 13485:2003 Quality Standard, and adheres to the requirements of ISO 11137-1:2006 (Gamma) and ISO 11135-1:2007 (EO).
STERIS AST& Vega Alta, PR ISO Certificate FDA Device Registration Number: 2648623 PAL Registration Number: BG32400005